Ed DunhamAdministrator
(Former Meteorologist & CFHC Forum Moderator (Ed Passed Away on May 14, 2017))
Sun Jun 06 2004 03:02 PM
A New Forum

Welcome to the new "Other Weather Events" Forum. Based on your inputs and suggestions, we have decided to give this type of forum a try. Use it for discussions on significant weather events that are not directly associated with a tropical system.

The keyword is 'significant', i.e., don't clutter the Forum with comments on your average 'garden variety' thunderstorm or any other event that is really not unusual. Good examples would include analysis or observations associated with severe weather or extreme conditions. Events like droughts, floods, a tornado or a tornado outbreak, hail, extreme winds or temperatures or rainfall or snowfall or other unusual phenomenon all have a place here.

Remember that this is a Forum under the General discussion Group, so the same site rules apply. It is not a Chat Room, so please attempt to limit your 'one-liners' to a heads-up on a pending event or a 'thank you' for information provided by another user. The intent was to give these types of discussions a 'home' where those that were interested could visit the forum and those that were not could bypass it.

Let me know if I've forgotten something or if you have any questions or thoughts on this.
Cheers,
ED

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center