Margie
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Fri Jun 16 2006 06:55 PM
Attachment
Hailstorm from the 27th floor

This is pretty wild...I stayed at work a little late tonight and watched as a tiny cell (attached) headed towards downtown Mpls...about five minutes ago we started getting pelted with hail, about dime-size. I'm looking out the window and there's this wild path the wind is taking carrying the hail around and up through the nearby tall buildings. At times just buckets of hail being thrown against my large plate glass window, very impressive. It's suddenly getting pretty dark but the hail let up, just sheets of rain, lightning. First time I've gotten to see this from a high-rise. I just checked the radar and there's a big yellow warning box over Mpls, no surprise. Looks like more nasty stuff on the way too.

When it stopped raining and I went to the bus stop, there were piles of hail next to each newspaper box...I looked and found a couple that were quarter-sized.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center