GLT
(Verified CFHC User)
Sun Aug 28 2005 08:51 AM
How to help directly?

Repost from talkback forum:

I am looking for a way to DIRECTLY help victims of this monster. I have been very fortunate lately and would like to do something substantial , like buy 4 of 5 generators and take them to the affected area (with gas of course).

The reason I want to help directly is because my neighborhood was destroyed by Charlie (Osteen, FL) and there was no assistance from ANYONE, save the Red Cross who showed up with sandwiches 5 days later.

I understand that a bunch of people with no skills going to the affected area would do more harm than good. I understand you can donate to various orgs. and I probably will. But, I would like to SEE my help benefit a real family.

If mods think it is more appropriate, please PM me with ideas. There will be a PAYPAL donation to this site immediately after this post, because this site helped IMMENSELY with the psychological aftermaths of the storm for me. Maybe we could have a forum to discuss ways to help?

Thanks,

GLT

-- Donations are always welcomed so we can maintain our costs! The Disaster Forum Thread is available for you to post your availability to help.

Thanks!

Edited by RedingtonBeachGuy (Sun Aug 28 2005 08:29 AM

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center