Girlnascar
(Weather Watcher)
Thu Sep 01 2005 02:03 AM
Re: Katrina Domino Effect

As far as I understand, we here in Florida are one of the largest GAS HOGGING STATES! Its time for people of this state to step up to the plate and be a little inconvenienced for a short time. I did see a circle K gas station near Lake Ivanhoe out of gas about 6:30 tonight! Gosh I felt screwed. As I have been in my office all day not aware of the so called gas crisis-working on Hurricane Katrina claims from the Miami area!!!There are good folks down there that have very large and big problems too. I am worried so many people are hogging gas that its dangerous! Some of the people I saw putting gas in containers didn't look like construction people!!
Sorry I don't mean to beat a dead horse about the gas, but we really need to get the word out there that if we can just conserve a little it will work out, our fellow Floridians need our help. If I can't find gas for my car to get to work - I can't get to work to pay claims. simple but the truth!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center