Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Sun Sep 04 2005 02:32 PM
Re: How to help directly?

My husband's family is from Biloxi so we decided to assist others while taking them some supplies. His sister lost her home and everything in it and his parents have roof damage. We wanted to make sure our donations went directly to those with real needs. We, along with some neighbors took up donations and made about 50 care boxes with enough supplies for a family of 4 to survive for a week. We also made up about 20 baby kits with diapers, formula and other items that a baby would need. I made up about 50 dog and cat kits too. He will be tarping roofs in a neighborhood that is made up of eldery people (70+) since they can't take care of this themselves. Also, he took a chainsaw to help them out. I made elderly care packages that will meet their specific needs. These people really need help since they can't get out and wait in line for relief items and these agencys are not coming into the neighborhoods to deliver. My husband will take the care packages into the devastated areas where familys are living on their property under tarps and trees. Luckily his company is supportive of this and have allowed him off with pay to help out in MS. We will be making another trip next weekend and will be gathering supplies this week. We own a large suv and trailor so this next time we will take more generators with full cans of gas. Our neighbors in Lutz FL have been wonderful in helping us with all of this. We might even "adopt" some families and take supplies back for their specific needs. I will keep the board updated with our relief efforts and hopefully will have a website with pictures posted within a week or so. Good luck to everyone and if you have family in Biloxi that we might could check on for you....please let me know and we will try to help. Also....keep my husband in your thoughts and prayers as he travels from Tampa to Biloxi and back.....hopefully he will be able to find fuel and he will be safe from the "looters" since he has such a load. ....Debbie in Lutz email me at: debbie@rosetti.biz

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center