Margie
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Sat Sep 17 2005 07:11 PM
Re: Sister City

That is great to hear. Thanks for the positive news. The truth is that only by funneling aid directly to cities and counties by the private sector will they really get the support they need.

I have no idea where all the FEMA money is going to go, but so far all we know is to big no-bid contracts to Haliburton subsidiaries and to Army Corps of Engineers. I have seen an article FEMA wasted several million dollars by directing and redirecting trucks of ice and supplies to various cities in the middle section of the country, paid them $600 per truck per dayt to wait for days in some of these places, the trucks never did get orders to go south.

Kissy said she did get some FEMA money for her home, which was not badly damaged. I'll talk to her some more and try to find out more. Apparently FEMA is willing to give money to homes that are not totalled, where they don't have to pay too much, but for some reason they aren't paying out on the ones that have been totaled by surge damage. I'll try to find out more on this.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center