kissy
(Verified CFHC User)
Sun Sep 18 2005 09:07 AM
Re: Sister City

That sister city thing is an awesome idea! Especially since many stilla ren't getting anything from FEMA! In fact. . . they just set up office in Harrison County last friday!! It's been almost 3 weeks! FEMA is screwy too! There was the rumor of the $2000 that was being handed out. Well I heard that it was just for people who lost thier homes, no big deal, but now I'm hearing from some friends that had less damage than me that they are recieveing it! We didn't get much from fema and not nearly enough to cover the flood damage we received. I called them the other day because there was a couple mistakes on my application and the lady tells me she can't change anything on there. Ok well I then ask about the money I recieved. My insurance guy hasn't shown up yet and I was under the impression that I wouldn't recieve money until after fema found out what the insurance is going to pay. So I ask if I still need to send in my insurance stuff to fema and will they be paying more? She gets all snotty and tells me that she dosen't know why I'm complaining, I should be happy I got anything at all!! (Of course I am happy but geez there was no reason to be rude to me at all!! She obviously has no clue what we are living like down here. Although my home is ok (even though we're walking on concrete, have a hole in the roof, and no fence) It's hard still. We don't have any type of schedule, no school for my daughter, and we have another family living with us that have a 2 yr old. Both myself and the other mom are stay at home mom. It's tough and stressful! I just can't stand people that are mean right now! Wierd thing is that when I run into a local policeman (even if I've never met him) he will stop and chat, nice as can be. But the out of state cops that are here have been RUDE RUDE RUDE!!!

Anyway, I got off supject. I don't know what fema is doing! I do know that I think they are crap! I haven't met one person that has gotten the support from them that they need right now. (My friends that are here that lost EVERYTHING have no insurance and have only recieved $2000 from fema. Of course no word on a trailer yet! Who knows when they'll show up!)
Everything is so frustrating right now!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center