dem05
(User)
Sun Aug 19 2007 09:50 PM
Re: FEMA Phone Call???

Itpat228...in a way...your post comes at aperfect time. Even though it is not storm specific. Many posters, viewers, and other individuals have sufferred a loss and have called FEMA for assistance. They may receive this call too. Also, it isan unfortunate truth that other may experience a disaster and need to call FEMA for some help to a future event .(Posters, viewers,and likewise)...So this is a good stopping point to familiarize folks with disaster resource links before the US becomes fully engaged in tropical activity (Dean or otherwise), that may be severe enough to require a Federal Disaster Declaration.

For your information, here is the official FEMA website disclosing all of the reasons why FEMA is taking a proactive approach to notify individuals and infom them of their privacy rights (and insure rights are upheld) in light of a recent court decision.

Link: http://www.fema.gov/individual/privacy/

In addition, I reccomend that all individuals become familiar with the FEMA Disaster Assistance Program, and it's guidelines...I believe that this knowledge will help you greatly in understanding any help you may/may not be eligible for after a disaster. Unfortunately, I think many individuals do not understand their level of eligibility, becuase they do not understand the program...And we all have a responsibility in that...From the individual citizen on up. I hope this helps post is informative...

FEMA Website: www.fema.gov
Indiviuals and Households Program Guidebook for "Help After a Disaster": http://www.fema.gov/pdf/assistance/process/help_after_disaster_english.pdf

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center