Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Mon Aug 20 2007 03:19 AM
Re: I Got A Call From FEMA???

FEMA to release addresses of aid recipients — after spending $1.1 million to tell them

That is the title of an August 7 headline here in South Florida. The South Florida Sun Sentinel brought a lawsuit against FEMA because they are trying to investigate massive waste and fraud in disaster aid.
In 2004 FEMA gave out millions of dollars in aid to residents of Miami-Dade County for Hurricane Frances. I am in Ft. Lauderdale; about 50 miles south of the real damage caused by Francis. We lost power but that was it. Broward was up and running within a week having suffered only slight tree and power damage. Sadly, millions of dollars were awarded to individuals in Miami Dade another 40 miles south of me. Our local paper wanted to ask them about it...not disclosing any names publicly but FEMA wouldn't give their addresses. Sunsentinel won the suit and as of August 14 the court required Fema to start handing over the records. Thats why FEMA is calling you now...no coincidences. The worst part of this is FEMA now says it will cost them over a Million to contact everyone? WHAT?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center