twizted sizter
(Weather Guru)
Mon Aug 20 2007 11:08 PM
Re: I Got A Call From FEMA???

You know I wasn't aware of this till I saw your post. Lo & behold I received a letter from them today. Detailed what you stated as well as in the suit the papers had requested not only names & addressess but SS#s, dates of birth, & full names, dollar amount given, & inspection data.The judge settled on just addressess.
The addresses will be published in The News Press& Pensacola News Journal as well as the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.
I think it's terrible the way those in Dade county scammed FEMA...as well as anyone else who took advantage of the situation. I remember reports of people hosing down the insides of their homes just to collect. The FEMA rep who checked out our damage was very helpful & even directed us to more aid after Charley left his mark. We declined...already had a generator for years...was the neighborhood coffee spot. till more generators were available..& just needed some help with the damage caused by the massive oak that slid down the front of the house taking the roof with it.We were luckier than most & fortunate to have repairs done before Francis & Jeanne visited shortly thereafter.
Funny there was also alot of talk of the scams pulled after Katrina.This only applies to the years 1998-2004.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center