Ackerley
(Registered User)
Wed May 27 2009 11:34 AM
Prepping for large scale disaster

I try to do all the right things for the environment – I drive a hybrid, I ride my bike or walk when I can, I buy all natural products, organics, etc. But I can’t help but worry about what were to happen if what myself, and others do, is not enough. The climate is changing, there are more dangerous storms, and overall more danger out there today. What is being done when it comes to emergency disaster preparedness?? I can only do so much. Is the government doing anything? After all, we don’t want another FEMA situation like in New Orleans. I would like to hear of any news references or websites I can check out that talk about local, US, or even international disasters. We’re all part of the same world; most likely it’s going to call for a joint effort to be as prepared as possible.

“All progress is based upon a universal innate desire on the part of every organism to live beyond its income.” Samuel Butler

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center