rhaswell79
(Registered User)
Fri Oct 23 2009 05:42 PM
Protecting myself during a disaster situation

I really want to better protect my home and my family in the case of a natural disaster or attack. Looking back on disasters like Hurricane Katrina, I know people started to loot homes and steal from stores. I have a gun that I keep tucked away, but it’s been a while since I’ve brushed up on my skills. I live in the San Diego area, and am looking for shooting ranges, places to go, and classes to take that can help when it comes to protecting your home. I’ve considered taking a self defense class, or other classes offered in my area. Any advice on where to start? What are some good places to go?

“Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.” Steven Wright

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center