Steve H1
(Storm Tracker)
Wed Aug 13 2008 09:42 AM
Re: Looking Around the Basin

I agree that dry air and shear from the nearby ULL(s) is inhibiting development. That said, I am concerned that once this area gets NW of Puerto Rico the environment become more favorable it will develop, and this is backed up by the Globals, Namely the Euro, along with the GFDL, which looks to make this a significant cyclone in the southern Bahamas/Florida Starits. If this occurs. timing will be critical as to when a turn to the NW will occur, where the Euro shows this paralleling the west Florida coast then up towards the panhandle. But that's a few days down the road. I believe 92L will survive the next 36 hours. After that, we will need to pay close attention to it here in the sunshine state. Cheers!

(Post was moved off the Main Page since model projections belong in the Forecast Lounge.)

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center