weathernet
(Storm Tracker)
Thu Aug 14 2008 02:44 AM
Re: 92L transitioning

Craig makes a good point that "in the event of development between tonight and tomm. night, we'll soon see 3-5 day cone of error cover a chunk of territory, perhaps including a large swath of the Bahamas and Florida. Would make for a pretty quick "ramp up" in preliminary preparations, even if not suddenly a strong foreboding system. Given the warmer SST's along 92L's potential WNW path, at least some of the conditions would seem to point towards potential continued strengthening. Then again, as Mike pointed out in a recent post, a developing depression or weak storm could slam into Hispanola, and while dumping copious amount of rain ( potentially dangerous in itself ), further development could be thus squelched due to interaction with "the big rock".

I had noticed as others commented on the more recent model trend to recurve close to the Florida penninsula. I had not seen any 8/14 - 0Z data yet suggesting model consistancy of the same, nor a bend back to the west. True enough though, that as a weaker system, the more westward it will likely be driven in the short term.

As a side note.........., I too see the overall organization and appearance of the systems envelope, along with some concentrated convection, as looking better at this time than yesterday evening. :?:

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center