metwannabe
(Weather Hobbyist)
Thu Aug 14 2008 10:30 PM
Re: Watching the Wave Northeast of the Lesser Antilles

I was just about to comment that I think I see the "LLC" on the east edge of PR long range radar loop. Convection has fired just a bit s/sw of the "LLC". Most of the models that hook this out to sea or atleast take it east of Fl also initialize the system farther north than where it appears to be (has huge implications on projected path).

With now appearing to have maintained its westward movement, it is going to be really difficult for this to recurve without some impact on land.

I know the mountain ranges in Dom Rep/Haiti are tall and would (and have in the past) disrupt this system but what about the effects of PR if it goes directly over them?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center