Cat 5orBust
(Weather Hobbyist)
Fri Aug 15 2008 08:34 PM
Re: Watching the Wave Northeast of the Lesser Antilles

This certainly will go down as an oddity as I cant recall anytime in recent memory where you had a storm that looked very good, but did not have the essential characteristics to not be given a name. As far as what may happen: The models continue to shift until a center is fixed, but the only constant in these models is a turn to the north at some point. Having said that, I dont see the high building in much more before it begins to possibly retract to the east a bit more and create the northward turn. If this 92L does make it to the Gulf, I dont see it getting much further west in my opinion and thus would threaten the easternmost gulf sates as the extreme western location. I think this slow turn will begin sooner rather than later and will threaten Florida in some way. Obviously the key is where the center sets up shop and how much land it interacts with. If it holds its own then you most likely will see fairly impressive strenthening. If it becomes ragged over land, then you may have a sloppy tropical storm impacting Florida.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center