MikeCAdministrator
(Admin)
Sat Aug 16 2008 12:26 PM
Re: Watching the Wave Northeast of the Lesser Antilles

Quote:

Did the GFDL just move more to the east bringing Fay over the Upper Keys and up the state of Florida. I'm confused I thought that it was further west. I haven't heard much talk about it. Why would it do that? Has intensity forecast of storm changed or the strength of the Low over the US that could pull it sharper to the north? I have always felt the center could go over the upper keys, possibly close to Key Largo making that swing and up through the Everglades though not sure at what exact angle affecting Naples more or the East Coast more.

I looked into this a bit more, this and the HWCF moved east and judging from the init data looks like a bad run, you can probably ignore this, throw it out the window and wait for the next one.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center