Lamar-Plant City
(Storm Tracker)
Sat Aug 16 2008 04:01 PM
Re: dvorak shmorak..Fay is on the way....

I don't put too much stock in the latest shift back east. We are at the 'ping-pong' stage for these models. It goes left one run and right the next. What we need to do is watch for trends and a narrowing of the cone. Cone width indicates the confidence in the models. Since this is the forcast lounge and speculation is OK, I am declaring this a southeastern GOM storm. RIght now, there seems to be a balance between weakness to the north and its tendancy to continue west. However, the farther west this storm goes and at this fast pace, the harder it will be to make a hard right turn, especially with land interaction. THis is just my opinion and I have been wrong before.....lots.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center