StrmTrckrMiami
(Weather Guru)
Mon Aug 18 2008 10:18 PM
Re: Fay Forecast Lounge

Quote:

Can anyone shed some light on what we can realistically expect in the S. Fort Myers/Estero area? Local Fox downplays the storm, Local CBS says prepare for possible hurricane conditions. Anyone?

I'm not a met by no means, but have been keeping a close watch on Fay. No one at this point really knows what to expect, but expect for the worst. I highly think Fay is capable of moving more then a high Cat 1 Hurricane, no more then a Cat 2. Currently, she looks to be trying to re organize herself again, much more organized then previous positions. She looks to be spinning like a hurricane and looks a lot healthier for hurricane conditions. Expect Fays bands to hit at 12:00am here in Lee County, with Naples being the first hit area. At 8:00am they expect Fay to be directly over us with her eye, meaning don't go outside. Not sure if they'll sound sirens or not. As far as weather, watch for frequent spawns of tornadoes Currently, Miami and Everglades show up for Tornado Warnings on Radar. Watch for Funnel Clouds, and the tornadoes over water. Expect Heavy Wind Gusts and downpours of rain. Frequent Lightning and Thunder. Current Radar: http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=BYX&product=NCR&overlay=11101111&loop=yes is where you can see all of Fay's energy. At the lease prepare for the worst. I know in Miami, some blown transformers caused power to be out, and so expect the power to go out. Careful and be cautious of downed electrical wires, and have lots of bottled water and food prepared as well as a first aid kit, and flashlights handy. When the time comes for the Military or FEMA or your Governor to tell you to go, go. Don't wait, go to a shelter.

Hope this helps in the slightest. This is the best advice I can give to anyone.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center