Evan Johnson
(Weather Guru)
Thu Aug 28 2008 12:48 PM
Re: T.D. 8

seeing as i am almost east coast, i am following this. checking weather.com's report they state it wont be a threat to land but needs to be monitored. seeing as it really has no where else to go other than west i think this is a threat. that frontal boundry that pushes storms to the the hurricane graveyard that usually is hovering over florida isnt there. i think we should bang our heads together and research more into this.

Weather.com's quote

"Meanwhile, a low pressure located several hundred miles east-northeast of the Leeward Islands has become Tropical Depression Eight as of early this morning. Continued strengthening is forecast, with it likely becoming Tropical Storm Hanna today.

It is forecast to track northwest into the weekend, and become a hurricane by late this weekend. For now, it does not appear to be of any threat to land, but will need to be closely monitored beyond this weekend."

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center