Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Thu Aug 28 2008 10:12 AM
Re: New Orleans again?!

Quote:

Quote:

OK....I quit......just when the nhc shifts its track west, some of the globals, including the gfdl shift to the east, with the gfdl no pointing at the mouth of mobile bay, and the gfs stalling the system in the northern gulf.....for me the solution is simple, i will leave the shutters up until the xmas lights go up....this is nerveracking

I know we are supposed to not put too much faith into the 5 day cone or the models that far out, but this gets so nerve racking when the track wobbles away from you and then back in a constant loop of back and forth. On one note they are saying that the high over florida will move off to the east and keep 95L (Hanna) from spinning out to sea. Yet the models hold it in place enough to keep Gustav from recurving more North to the panhandle of Florida. What gives? Which is it?

The key ot this quandry is the timing of it all. 95L (hanna) is currently 8-10 days from impacting florida or the bahamas if it follows the current models, whereas Gus is only 5-6 days away from making landfall on the gulf coast. This gives Gus time to follow the ridge along the west side of the high pressure center and make landfall before the high moves at all, and then 3-4 days for the high to start moving east and impact 95L's path.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center