MikeCAdministrator
(Admin)
Thu Sep 04 2008 09:47 AM
Re: intensity forecasts for Ike will be a crap shoot

Quote:

Quote:

If Ike is still showing this over the weekend, then there will be more to be concerned with. Anyone getting Anxious about it now is jumping the gun.

there is a fine line between anxious and concerned. as a 50-yr resident of east central florida, i'm very concerned about the good possibility of a W/NW moving catagory 4 hurricane in the Bahamas on the september 10th peak of the season.

Yep this is a wake up call for some, and the cone is concerning, but I'm not really anxious yet. If it can maintain the core itself through the shear (Which is what the NHC thinks) then it will maintain major. But I think the discussion says it best about intensity forecasts, near term they aren't that good, 3-5 days out they are educated guesses.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center