JMII
(Weather Master)
Thu Sep 04 2008 06:07 PM
Re: 12Z European shows big westward shift..

Quote:

we should start to feel effects sunday night as the local weathermen said.

When the storm is forecast to be SE of the Bahamas? I don't think so... other then ocean swells and rip currents Ike's effects on South FL will not arrive until late Mon/early Tues based on the current forecast. Check any of various wind field products to confirm this. Given Ike's small nature it might be well into Tues before we feel TS level winds. Once again this is based on the current forecast, storm size & intensity which we all know could change.

The grouping of the models towards S FL is not good, however I noticed in addition to shifting west a few shifted to the south putting Ike down into Cuba. The front moving thru the central US doesn't look like its digging very deep so I'm not buying the southerly track or a recurve out to sea solutions just yet. The good news is that Hanna left some cooler water behind that Ike must go thru, thus some weaken before landfall should occur.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center