hurricane expert
(Really Not an Expert)
Fri Sep 05 2008 06:20 PM
Re: intensity forecasts for Ike will be a crap shoot

I just dont see how this storm would even get to the middle of the gulf of mexico starting on the early parts of next week as a trough of low pressure is going to come from the west and ike is going to start to feel the weakening in the high pressure at about maybe 80 west or so ??? maybe it well make it into the gulf at about 83 west is the farthest i say but most of the models have a turn going on. i live in orlando wftv channel 9 meteorologist said its going to have to make a turn at some point but wasnt sure where it would happened I hate to say it but it definitely looks like a florida storm !

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center