Evan Johnson
(Weather Guru)
Fri Sep 05 2008 07:07 PM
Re: intensity forecasts for Ike will be a crap shoot

i still can not believe its still going west. they projected the south movement so much sooner then today. to be honest im not sure anymore on the path. i think the 5pm will help us out alot. i think we are having a hard time working with this storm simply because of the update schedule. shortly they should throw warnings up and which case that will help us as far as getting that update every 3 hours. right now its hard to tell though because we dont have much to work with. the storms moving so quickly and we dont have updates till every 6 hours on the clock. i just find it incredible that yesterday at 11am they had it nailing broward county and now they got it plowing over the keys.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center