craigm
(Storm Tracker)
Mon Sep 08 2008 08:48 PM
Attachment
Re: Ike Could Grow In Size

Quote:

I've been watching both Cuban radar and various sat loops on and off through the day. It appears that Ike is still tracking due west along 21.2 °. From both radar, and the visible and water vapor sat loops it sure looks like Ike has lost most of its density, and the rain bands have certainly lost intensity through the day. The IR loop appears very broken. It looks like there is still good circulation, but nowhere near as much within the storm. I would think a lot of energy has been lost.

Ike's cloud tops have warmed due to the pass over land He still has plenty of energy and his footprint is huge as evidenced by this microwave pass. Once he is back over warm open water and can draw from all quadrants one can only speculate on intensity, only it won't be from lack of structure. I personally think factors regarding intensity now almost trump landfall position because Ike could potentially be the strongest storm yet this year.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center