native
(Weather Guru)
Mon Sep 08 2008 10:11 PM
Re: The NHC forecast is only good for 3 day, after 72 hrs a sharp short wave will pick IKE up

While there is no arguing that the models have shifted a bit southward. We should not be so quick as to second guess the preofessionals at the NHC. They have done and I'm sure will continue to do, a bang up job given the incredibly difficult and intricate nature(s) of their job(s).

Let's all remember how many here were saying they didn't see the "west" component to Gustav when he was less than 150 miles off shore...and sure as "poo" what happened?? He went west and spared NOLA (to the detriment of others) a direct hit.

Let's all not be so quick to be or pretend to be anything more than what we are.....weather enthusiasts.

(EBinTX...this was not directed at you. You were just the last person to post when I hit respond..but I see someone's got in before mine. So please, don't think this post was directed at you.)

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center