Rasvar
(Weather Master)
Fri Nov 06 2009 01:00 PM
Re: Hurricane Ida

I don't think Ida is an apt comparison to the storm of the century. That one was a completely different bird with the mass of extreme cold air and the jet stream behind it. It is the only time I can remember being in the 70's in the morning and seeing snow in the afternoon without getting on a plane. Not to mention it happened in Florida.

Assuming Ida continues on to hit the coast, unless the factors push it back into the Northern Caribbean for a few days after it emerges into the Gulf(a scenario with slight possibility but not one of the likely ones), I just can not see Ida becoming a dangerous storm to Florida. Ida is going to have to camp out near Cuba to really gain some strength. I am not saying it is not possible; but I would not be changing any plans to come to Florida because of Ida.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center