Ed DunhamAdministrator
(Former Meteorologist & CFHC Forum Moderator (Ed Passed Away on May 14, 2017))
Thu Aug 12 2010 03:31 AM
Re: Too soon?

Actually CSUs forecast is for 18/10/5, i.e., they expect 15 more named storms. Here is the link:
CSU August Forecast for 2010

NOAAs updated forecast was for 14-20/8-12/4-6 (which is quite a range - makes your forecast rather easy to hit I guess).

No, its not unreasonable. The standard argument has been 'look at 1969' - which was quite a different setup, i.e., 1969 was an El Nino year for the entire year. The real question may well be "At what point into the season does is become unlikely?" - and I don't have a good answer for that one - yet.

Perhaps I missed it, but I don't recall seeing anybody say that the season was going to be a bust. Note that we close out our annual seasonal forecast exercise around the first of June each year. Its posted in the Storm Forum.
ED

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center