weathernet
(Storm Tracker)
Thu Oct 28 2010 11:49 PM
Long Range Pattern

O.K., I just had to take a peak, I mean if this were August and we were looking at 3 invests, not to mention the unbelievable wave about to come off Africa ( ok, so I'm kidding about Africa....); that and the fact that a potentially developing storm is quickly approaching the Windward Islands. Well, just to keep things real......... nothing really approaches the Windwards from the east all that quickly - in late Oct./Nov! Nonetheless, and for perhaps the last time for this Hurricane Season, I thought that it might just be prudent to take a look, just in case.......

Well, back to reality here. As much as the 240 hr. GFS shows a strong wedge of ridging appears to be nudged into the Bahamas, Dominican Republic and E. Cuba, the upper Westerlies have certainly appeared to have retreated to the north. That said, one massive sized cutoff low is well south under the flow and nearly all the way to the N. Gulf coast. Though lifting out and ridging to appear to be building in, the Euro show a different scenario. The Euro 240 hr. from 12Z today depicts quite a deep negatively tilted trough from New England SSW all the way to the N. Gulf Coast. No doubt strong SW flow aloft ahead of this pattern, unless any storm in the Caribbean were so far to the south and practically drifting along. This too however does lift out. Ultimate conclusion? Same story, different day. Timing is everything, and how often do we really have an accurate alliance of long term modeling? Add to the pot the reality that it is nearly November and seldom do things move fast in the tropics ( if ever ) during November.

So, no "pearls of wisdom" here. I've got nothin'.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center