berrywr
(Weather Analyst)
Sat Oct 30 2010 03:26 AM
Re: Long Range Pattern

Obvious I have a little time to kill this evening.....personally I will look at the extended ranges if other forecasters whose expertise is looking at these extended ranges and have continuity; that is day to day and run to run continuity and are eyeballing and discussing it on their end. If you're doing this on your own and you have expertise in this area, by all means! Realistically anything from zero to 120 hours is very, very good. Beyond 120 hours you have to figure out where all the players are now, where they're going to be and at 240 hours that's plain hard. As an analyst I look at everything and that takes time; usually a solid 3 to 4 hours from a cold turkey start. If I'm watching a system that is expected to develop then continuity comes more quickly and all we mets are doing is comparing what "now" was "then" and today what "now" is "now". Confused? Don't be, it's a headache for us too.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center