Ed DunhamAdministrator
(Former Meteorologist & CFHC Forum Moderator (Ed Passed Away on May 14, 2017))
Mon Nov 01 2010 09:45 PM
Re: Tomas Forecast Lounge

Well no - since satellite images are highly perishable, i.e., they can change significantly with time. If you didn't see the structure of Tomas this morning I can see where my comments might be a bit confusing.

This morning Tomas was just a swirl of low-level clouds and all of the heavy convective storm clouds had been shoved off to the northeast of the center of the low cloud swirl by a distance of at least 100 miles. Strong southwesterly winds at the mid and upper levels of the atmosphere had caused this decoupling of the low level center from its convective cloud mass. Earlier this afternoon, the southwesterly winds began to decrease and the convection began to build back toward the center of the low level swirl of Tomas. Now that the convection has developed back over the low level center, additional weakening is not likely - at least not for awhile.
ED

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center