weathernet
(Storm Tracker)
Sat Aug 18 2012 12:55 PM
Re: Invest 94L Forecast Lounge

Those who continue to access this site for sound & reasonable information need heed the future development of 94L. All those from the Greater Antilles, especially the Leewards and Puerto Rico, need to really heed 94L - evenutally to become Hurricane Isaac. Not only am I confident that Isaac will prove to be one of the "highlights" of the 2012 Atlantic Season, but anticipate a very significant threat from Florida to North Carolina, if Isaac impacts or moves just north of Puerto Rico. On the other hand, if Isaac remain further south I would be very concerned about a major impact to points along the N. Gulf Coast region. Folks, this large envelope system should not have any of the recent "dry air intrusion issues" and this appearant large system should be able to draw on a larger scale inflow of rich moisture from its south. Westerly upper level wind shear should not be a factor, other than a possible near term displacement of a COC simply caused by its own faster westward motion. Upper level conditions should not likely inhibit Isaac from eventually attaining "major hurricane status. While no set of circumstances are set in stone, I see it as very unlikely that this system will simply move well north of the Islands.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center