Urbanoia
(Registered User)
Mon Aug 20 2012 01:16 PM
Re: Invest 94L Forecast Lounge

possibly hyper-active algorithms for the effects of the Gulf Stream? It could explain the models turning north in long range forecasts if the storms get north of the Leewards. I know the surf has been pushing moderate to hard in Cocoa Beach from the SE all summer, more than I remember in past years. Though a warming planet should ease the stream, I haven't seen it yet here. And our thermocline hit the surf more or less on target this weekend for the first time all summer, crabs standing around on the beach at noon is usually a pretty good sign the water just got frigid. Just in time for a small bit of cold water moderation as the long-range GFS turn of 94L turns towards us (again!) and another unneeded gassing of the RV for escape. Been since 2006 when we got hit three times in three weeks and my insurance is still going up and the batteries are still dead in the RV. But I wouldn't live anywhere else, especially in NJ.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center