berrywr
(Weather Analyst)
Thu Aug 23 2012 08:15 AM
Re: Tropical Storm Isaac Forecast Lounge

The latest vortex message continues with another reformation of the center or multiple vortices; this one at 14.5N 64.2W and weakened to a tropical depression. Looking at satellite, looking at the circulation one would think it may be as farther west at 66W but I think we're looking at multiple centers once again. I'm not one to openly disagree with the NHC but I was not impressed at all with this discussion and how they determined the center fix. There is no evidence of a west-northwest and/or northwest movement as plotted on graphics. Only the ECMWF got the southwest location correct; where they got the GFS and other models being onboard, I do not know, but I continue to believe the ECMWF is the model of choice for the time being.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center