Ed DunhamAdministrator
(Former Meteorologist & CFHC Forum Moderator (Ed Passed Away on May 14, 2017))
Thu Aug 23 2012 07:57 PM
Re: Tropical Storm Isaac Forecast Lounge

Many of you have made excellent observations on the problematic center fixes over the past 24 hours. I realize that multiple vortices within a general circulation area is the prime suspect, but there seems to have been a bad-luck tendency to pinpoint the wrong one - which becomes frustrating because the real track, forecast track, and model track are seldom in sync. At 18Z I would have put the center at 14.8N - perhaps 15.2N to allow for some consistency. The18Z Advisory stated that a WNW movement had started, but I just don't see any sign of that - at least not yet. Maintaining a nebulous center around 16N will yield bad data input for the various models. Isaac remains a poorly organized system, so realize that the details of the model outputs for both track and intensity will be suspect until Isaac develops and maintains a firm center.
ED

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center