doug
(Weather Analyst)
Fri Aug 24 2012 01:33 PM
Re: Tropical Storm Isaac Forecast Lounge

The system is better defined this morning than when I last looked yesterday pm and I complianed about the lack of a west wind component, and believed that the system resembled a trough rather than a closed cyclone. The center is obviously on the northern extreme of the two convective masses on the western portion of the system. As I looked this morning, the challange will be if the system will pull that mass of convection around the center, and there are some signs it may be doing that. If that process does occur, the message from NHC has been that conditions are conducive for rapid intensification...today over the next few hours we should see if this system will finally structure itself and become a more prominent feature.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center