TXEB
(Weather Watcher)
Tue Aug 28 2012 12:04 PM
Re: Isaac Forecast Lounge

There's a clearly discernible eye in the NO / Baton Rouge Long Range radar loop, but it's ragged and open on the northwest side. It is also visible in the RGB colored floater loop, but again ragged, forms, then opens on the NW side. The radar loop also gives the appearance of a system with with good circulation overall and convection building in the NE to N region of the storm, but somewhat thin and diffuse overall on the north and west sides. For right now, (~1200 Z) better views of the east side via radar are seen in the loops from Mobile and NW FL . Unfortunately, range limits don't let us see the south side via radar, and that's where the sat images show the greatest density and convection.

Fortunately for those of us who live along the north Gulf coast, Isaac is not showing signs of fulfilling what I thought was its potential. It is still a large, and troublesome storm, and many areas will see significant flooding as well as some wind damage. But it appears that it will be tame relative to what at least I thought it was going to turn into, and that's a good thing. This is one of those times where I will be relieved to have been quite wrong.

edit - watching the NOLA radar loop a bit longer, Isaac appears to be tracking more westerly than the NHC's indicated track (305°) maintained in the 0700 CDT advisory.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center