Prospero
(Storm Tracker)
Sun Aug 20 2017 01:00 AM
Re: 92L Lounge

Thanks for the latest participation everybody!

So it's getting beat up a bit, but not done yet. The sats show the damage, but it doesn't seem to be destroyed yet, Yes we want it to go away, right?

OK, I'm the inappropriate one who loves a storm. Yes, please no harm, no damage, no financial cost, but outside of that, I love a beautiful spinning tropical storm and every wave I see I wish it would become an sight to behold. (Disclaimer: until it affects somebody.)

I was born to be a meteorologist, even at 7 or 8 years old in Colorado Springs I was predicting hail storms and blizzards. I would be outside staring at the sky examining every cloud, and breeze. And that started as young as 4 or so. Why I didn't pursue that path, I don't know. But I started fixing things (anything that had moving parts) as a kid and ended up fixing machines and in I.T. since 1978. Now mostly web programming these days.

Maybe since I am not a professional meteorologist I can freely "wishcast" and fantasize about being Jim Cantori in the upper right quadrant of the eye wall of a Cat 2 or 3 storm, clinging onto anything that keep me from flying away...

Yea, I know, sick, but I bet none of us would on this website if we didn't have a "little" bit of that in us!

Anyway, thanks again and let's keep this site as the best.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center