ftlaudbob
(Storm Chaser)
Mon Sep 04 2017 06:53 PM
Re: HUR IRMA Lounge

Quote:

First, thanks again for the great people here that I found back in 2004 when Francis and Jean raked across Martin/St Lucie County. Was very stressed with a very pregnant wife at the time!

Local businesses were hopping this morning selling out of water in St Lucie County (Central FL east coast). Good to see locals getting prepared. Going to check with my family in the upper Keys to see what they are planning.

If Irma decides to ride up the "spine" of Florida, what kind of water surge would the central East coast of FL see? I guess it would depend if it sticks at Cat4 or whatever strength it holds, but if it stays in the middle of FL, the east coast would get less surge right?

This South to North direction is not going to make it easy to get out of the way. I am worried about those older homes in the middle of the State that have never really experienced this kind of wind, and like others have mentioned, old Oaks, etc that are going to add to the overall mess.

The east coast would be on the dirty side of the storm and given the counter clock motion would also get the worst storm surge.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center