IsoFlame
(Weather Analyst)
Tue Sep 05 2017 12:29 PM
Re: HUR IRMA Lounge

Mike, I perfectly understand the "Harvey" typo in your last post! I have a request for Irma lounge visitors (outside of the impact zone) that will be very helpful in monitoring Irma as she nears my location one block off the Atlantic Ocean in east central Florida. After she makes the forecasted right turn and departs Cuba's north coast, please post any observations of eye wall diameter and current (or potential) eye wall replacements and eye diameter constrictions or expansions. Also, any significant wobbles west or east will be helpful to those within 50 miles of Irma's ultimate track. This type of information posted in the lounge helped me make final "tweaks" regarding my personal shelter in place hurricane plan (before we lost power) as Hurricane Matthew moved out of the northern Bahamas and tracked toward my location last October.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center