leetdan
(Weather Guru)
Wed Sep 06 2017 08:53 AM
Re: HUR IRMA Lounge

Quote:

Please help me make sense of the models this morning. The NHC "official" track has Irma making landfall in southern FL and the go up over the peninsula. The South Florida Water Management District models all indicate that Irma might not even make landfall and that she would move parallel to the East coast leaving FL 50-100 miles on her left side. Why this discrepancy and which model looks more trustworthy to you?
Also, I am just south of Daytona Beach. What is the biggest threat for me? Winds, flooding or storm surge?
Do you have any idea as to how bad this one would be for my area? I am struggling hard with the decision to evacuate or not.
Thank you!

Ignore the line. Focus on the cone. Make your plans based on evacuation zones, how secure you can make your home, and how prepared you are to stay there for potentially days without utilities.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center