chase 22
(Weather Hobbyist)
Sun Sep 10 2017 11:53 AM
Re: HURRICANE IRMA LOUNGE

Quote:

The motion has been virtually to the North since at least 7:15 a.m. The over all shape of the system is elongated north-south. The west side has been affected by the dry air moving over the GOM, and it is affecting its structure, IMO.. Sky here has lifted and brightened considerably in the last hour and on the satellite that is revealed by white in the north west quadrant..barometers here have been steady for a while now at about 29.66

I do think you are are having a bout of wishful thinking. While there is dry air to her West, It doesn't look to be doing much to her overall structure other than elongating it. It's certainly not infiltrating the core...at least not that I can see on any wv imagery. The sky has lifted and brightened because you all are in between rain bands and not quite yet under the cdo. At least that's how I see it on visible.

Also, Charley was supposed to turn to the NE. It just did it before the NHC thought it was going to. Irma is forecasted to turn NW. Turning to the NE would mean that the NHC's forecast (and all of the models) are completely wrong. Besides, I don't see how she can go any further East than she already has because of the Atlantic ridge.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center