chase 22
(Weather Hobbyist)
Sun Sep 10 2017 12:17 PM
Re: HURRICANE IRMA LOUNGE

Quote:

Perhaps it is wishful thinking, but I would not have put that out there if the actual observable data did not support my opinion. The structure of Irma has been hampered significantly by the dry air infiltrating from the NW. The Charley affect I mention was the drying up of the northwest and westerly portions of the storm which left only a core and shunted it to the NE much earlier than expected. I live only about 20 miles west from where Charley caused considerable damage but we got virtually no dangerous weather as it flew past. Today is very similar to that here...the rain seems to be evaporating into small amounts or a mist....still getting gusty winds but far less rain than expected or advertised. Certainly that is a reason to be optimistic...

Well, here's to hoping! My 11-year-old son lives in Parrish with his mother, so I hope you're right.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center