JMII
(Weather Master)
Fri Oct 06 2017 10:45 AM
Re: 90L Lounge (West Caribbean)

Quote:

Skinniest Cone from NOAA I have ever seen!

I thought the same thing! The low over S FL really moved west out of the way quickly. I sure didn't believe that was going to happen yesterday as this low has been sitting off the coast for what seemed like a week. Now things seem to be happening fast with Nate. Models are very much in agreement on a LA/MS border landfall. They do show a small hook to the NE at the end which could mean a MS, AL, or FL landfall. As all these states touch the northern GOM so it could effect any of them. At this point Nate is large and kind of broken up, so I assume its going to struggle a bit till it hits those warm GOM waters given its surrounded by land.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center