Rick on boat in Mobile
(Weather Drama Guru)
Tue Aug 09 2005 07:10 PM
Joe Bastardi's take

If you took the time to watch the video, it was interesting and informative. Why give opinions on his style?....I suppose a more boring assessment is good for people...I for one....enjoy him. different....not the normal "syndicated and stiff necked" forecaster, fo sho. If he didn't know what he was talking about...he wouldn't be there. He even explains his rationale, and basis....never trys to make it more than it is...

As to his report today....he was mentioning that if Irene can bust through the trough...it will be pushed more westward because of the high pressure ridge...and enter a perfect environment for strengthening...based on conditions the models don't pick up on...

Irene could do the "andrew".....he mentioned several strong storms in the past that had this very set-up...and alluded to the "possibilities" of the same thing here...a possible explosion as Andrew did...into a tight widow-maker....

one would have to "listen" to the forecast, before one could give an intelligent and insightful comment on it...

but to comment on his style, or suggest he is going through a mid-life crisis...is to my way of thinking....scary.

I can't stand the picking on the forum. Let people give their opinions and observations....if those opinions and observations are stupid...time will be the proof of that...

my take...

an Andrew type storm into central Florida...maybe even Miami...is possible....

we will see.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center