HanKFranK
(User)
Thu May 25 2006 03:45 PM
dark day?

i don't see why a disclaimer that whatever is being posted isn't the official nhc word on the matter doesn't cover the problem nicely. you can go to different media that don't necessarily agree with the nhc already--this is nothing new. many of them already defer to the nhc, mentioning that their product is not what the government and emergency planners are setting their watches by.
clark ought to be able to post here under the table, no problem, since we all understand that ours are best guesses, and the nhc is the real authority... and oh, by the way, clark knows a hell of a lot more than most people here, myself included. if they want to pack up bob hart's neat offerings until.. i dunno, the FDA approves them for public use or whatever (love waiting for them), then that's just nanny government, or maybe just worries about some kind of weather malpractice absurdity.
kinda neat seeing ol' dr. ruscher's name up there. once upon a time i was in synoptic under him. back before i jumped ship on meteorology.
i posted a little on the eastpac disturbance (eventually aletta, i'm thinking) in the other basins forum. if it spins up it could affect the goings on over on this side. gfs keeps wandering with it, but is still developing a low pressure down in the western caribbean in early june.
HF 2045z25may

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center