Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Wed Sep 15 2004 04:27 AM
Re: Hurricane Elena, 1985

I was eleven when Elena hit. My parents and I stayed behind. The main thing I remeber about Elena, was the track it took to get here. It made a loop in the Gulf before it hit. I had one of those 3 ft above ground pools, that was common back then. It was full of water and still lifted off the ground. My father ran outside, when the eye was above our house, and parked one of our trucks on the pool. It was actually more exciting than scary. I am writing this post as Ivan his way. The latest report puts it here in 24 hrs. I decided to stick it out. They have a manditory evac going for everyone south of I-10. I am about 2 miles north of I-10. Well, I will post my experience with Ivan in the comming days.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center