Sadie
(Weather Watcher)
Sat Sep 18 2004 10:12 PM
Re: Charley Project

Hey Keith, those are the hardest falls to over come. The ones where you CAN'T get back on. Believe me, I know. We have a saying around here, "You have two choices, get back on the horse or go to the hospital." It's never good when it's the latter. But find a nice quiet horse (the very best kind) and give it another try!

If anyone would like to see an absolutely gorgeous photo of what Charley looked like when he passed over your head, use this link. It took me days, but the Great God Google finally produced what I was looking for. Sat images of Charley as he crossed Florida There are 31 images, so you can get pretty close to any point where Charlie met Florida. It the archive from NOAA's Environmental Visualization Program.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center