adogg76
(Weather Hobbyist)
Thu Jul 07 2005 12:45 PM
Attachment
Re: Hurricane Charley Movie Download (must see)

HEY!!!
I AM that insurance guy........
jsut kidding...i just found that to be an oddly disturbing observation....GREAT footage.....My family orgainized a truck full of supplies and delivered it to Port Charlotte 4-5 days after.....just a lil help from Palm Bay......of course we had no idea we would need the help a short time later.......unfortunately I believe Frances and Jeane brought another false sense of security to us on the East coast.......it was nowhere near as bad here as it was after Charley......and though there was damage here.....it was mostly cosmetic, unless you were beachside......I know I know...people lost a lot of shingles.....but their houses were still standing!!
I also grew up in your neighborhood and went to that gas station that was leveled, by the causeway, about 100 times.....remember times at the Punta Gorda auditorium too!!! We probably stayed at the Holiday Inn there too, or whatever it WAS!!!

In fact i thought you may have been living in my grandparents old house for awhile, same model type tho I believe.......I know you like to think you went thru the worst of it......I was on Easy St. in PT Charlotte, homes were structurally damaged, walls and roofs, not just a doorway......not trying to minimize your experience....just offering my obs.....Funny how the only buildings that sustained NO DAMAGE were the Walgreens and Eckerds......the company that built those, are building my next home!! Is it ok to post a few pics of my experience here??

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center